Monday, February 28, 2011

So Far...

1. Breastfeeding is way harder than labor. I'd go through labor once a month if it meant I didn't have to go through the difficulties of learning how to breastfeed. But, I'm committed, and I hope the difficulties pass as we both learn what we're doing.

2. HP is a Milk Monster. He growls, and thrashes, and basically acts like a little feral creature while eating.

3. Baby Talk. It happens. I may not have done it with any other kid before, but now I'm perfectly fluent.

4. He's cute. Waaay cute. I could go on and on. : ) But... He's way more cute in the daytime. There's something about 3am that really puts a dampener on the cuteness.

5. I already knew that newborns went through a lot of wardrobe changes. I didn't know that new moms have just about as many. Probably more if I actually bothered to change every time I got a wet mess all over me.

6. It's a lot easier to dress him than I thought it would be.

7. We go through way more diapers than I thought. Those two-at-a-time changes really add up.

8. I love my new little boy, and I love Paul (he's a great new dad) and every morning I am thankful we survived another day. 

1 comment: